Prof. B. Durgaprasad
Director Of Oil Technological & Pharmaceutical Research Institute
At a Glance | Brief Profile | Bio-Data | About Directorate
Oil Technological Research Institute was established in August 1949 (Post Independence) by the Govt. of Madras at Anantapur.The institute was undertaken by Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University from 1st April 1985 for the better development & greater prospects for the research staff and to expand its progression in the academic activities.
- The institute motto was to develop in the field of research by encouraging its activities and to expand its knowledge in establishing postgraduate course like M.Sc food technology from the year 2001.
- Later it has extended various Post graduate programmes in the aspects of M.Sc and M.Pharmacy.
- As many affiliated pharmacy colleges are under JNTU, an initiation was taken by the university to start Pharmacy programmes (PG from 2009 and UG from 2013) in constituent organization.
- AS per PCI suggestions in the year 2016 the college name (OTRI) Oil Technological Research Institute is changed to Oil Technological and Pharmaceutical Research Institute (OTPRI)
ACHIEVEMENTS OF OTPRI
|Research papers published||750|
|ISI standards in oils and fats laid down||80|
|Schemes prepared for small scale industries||100|
|Technical Enquiries from the industries answered||16500|
|Gold Medals Won||06|
- JNTUA-OTPRI is approved by AICTE.
- JNTUA-OTPRI granted permission for course condction by Pharmacy Council of India (PCI) after 2 inspection.
- 3 PCI inspection is successfully held on 03-10-2018 & 04-10-2018.
- Principal appointed by the university in the month of June-2018.